The electrical blaze was at a shared social housing property spilt into four flats.
Fire crews tackled an electrical blaze at a property in Weller Drive, Camberley, on Thursday lunchtime, with damage caused to the downstairs and smoke logging on the upper floor.
Firefighters from Camberley and Rushmoor stations were called to the the incident just after midday and the blaze had been extinguished within minutes.
The fire was in a small out-facing cupboard with an external door, which was believed to be have been used as an airing cupboard as there was a pile of smouldering clothes outside.
An eyewitness said he could see smoke pouring from the roof at the rear of the property off Bristow Road, and could also hear smoke alarms activating.
Terry Glover, who lives nearby, added: "I saw smoke coming from under the eaves and between the tiles of the affected property and could see smoke staining starting to affect the windows."
Another witness, Tina Downes, said she noticed smoke rising between the trees dividing Weller Drive and Bristow Road at around 12.50pm.
"I walked round but I saw the fire crews weren't working it on it then," she said.
"It wasn't until a little later they actually approached the property and put it out - it didn't seem to take long."
South East Coast Ambulance Service sent one car to the scene but no injuries were reported.
The building is a shared social housing property, spilt into four flats and belonging to Accent Peerless.